- Meg Powers (The President's Daughter) by Ellen Emerson White
- Meg Murry (A Wrinkle in Time)
- Nancy Drew
- Jo (Little Women)
- Sturm Majere (Drangonlance)
- Ignatius J. Reilly (A Confederacy of Dunces)
- Laura Ingails Wilder's characters (think Little House on the Prairie)
- Agent Prendergast (Present and Childs)
- Odd Thomas (from author Dean Koontz)
- Winnie the Pooh
- Tom Ripley
So here's a CHALLENGE, oh you imaginative ones. Pick TWO (or any other of your favorite characters) and imagine what they might say to each other.
Ignatius: "I dust a bit...in addition, I am at the moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."
Winnie: "Yum, cheese dip with hunny. But don't forget that when having a smackerel of something with a friend, don't eat so much that you get stuck in the doorway trying to get out."
Hmmm...these two characters could have a great conversation.