- · The story had to include a firefighter and a veterinarian
- · The main character had to go to and stay in a house (or building) that they had never been to or seen before
- · There was to be a neighbor named Slater
- · The story had to be in a genre we had not tried before
- · We couldn’t show each other the stories until both were finished
Thank you Ute! It was an amazing challenge and one that proves just how varied people's creative minds are. Here's my review of The Whisper of Time
I'm an avid fan of Ute Carbone's books. I enjoy her style and her observations of humanity. In her latest novel, she has created a believable time-travel story with the premise that our fate is connected to our souls - we can't escape it. As usual, she has written about such likeable, vulnerable and altogether human characters that you don't want the book to end. And she kept me wondering all the way through how on earth the characters would solve their situation. Told with her trademark wit and humour there is, as usual, a serious side as she deals with the realities of how fate can sometimes take a wrong turn. A wonderful writer. Read it.